Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Determination, Simplicity, Availability, Humility, Sincerity, Discipline, Ownership
The Claim Specialist responds to notifications of discrepancies reported by customers or suppliers. Notifications are in regard to product discrepancies. It is the role of the Claim Specialist to act as a mediator between the outside parties and internal personnel to resolve these issues. The position is in a high volume, fast-paced environment needing extreme attention to detail.
- Assist Procurement, Plant Controllers, QA and Suppliers to resolve pending claims.
- Communicate and track quality issues to Procurement and Quality.
- Manage all claim data on SharePoint and request supporting documents where applicable.
- Enter all approved claims in SAP and track credits.
- Assist Corporate Controller to resolve stale claims and/or escalate to legal department.
- Follow all Standard Operational Procedures to ensure claims are processed in a timely manner and according to approvals submitted.
- Provide training on proper handling of our claims policy and procedures.
- Serve as back-up to assist with account receivable and deductions processing resolution.
- No travel will be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent phone, computer, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- 1-2 years of customer service experience with the ability to problem solve
- Basic to Intermediate Excel skills are required
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred