FEED MILL PRODUCTION OPERATOR
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Operates feed mill control system both manually and by computer according
- Calculates orders for delivery and dispatches loads as required.
- Schedules feed production plan daily and weekly to maximize production efficiencies and accuracies.
- Routinely stocks micro-bins with bagged ingredients.
- Communicates written and verbally with associates, maintenance (and growers as necessary) relevant information such as tank levels, conditions, etc.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES;
- Some skill using computers
- Some mechanical ability.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Working ability to climb high structures
- Working knowledge of ingredient and feed quality preferred.