ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with preparation of operational and capital budgets.
- Assists with development of internal control procedures, standards and compliance as it pertains to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist with preparation of reports which summarize business activity operational expenses and variances including weekly estimates.
- Assist with the development of internal control procedures, standards and compliance.
- Ensure adequate coverage of all SNE functions and cross training for vacations, holidays, sick time, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of yearly budgets.
- Analysis of daily production to ensure accuracy.
- Work with internal and external audit agencies on quarterly and annual audit reviews. Participate in periodic test counts and fixed asset audits.
- Responsible for inventory controls and accuracy.
- Requires weekend work for quarterly audits and month end duties.
- Requires ability to interact with employees/supervisors on the plant floor to understand the shop floor systems.
- 1-3 years experience in plant production accounting.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Knowledge of SAP or comparable ERP system, Excel and Microsoft.
- Leadership and team skills.
- Knowledge of principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing fiscal recordkeeping.
- Understanding of payroll, general ledger, accounts payable and cost accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.