Under limited or indirect supervision, provides basic electrical and technical support to engineering and production in the development, analysis, and maintenance of processes. Tests and diagnoses electrical control systems, instrumentation, and equipment. Ensures process control systems are in operation and achieving desired output. Monitors, adjusts, calibrates, maintains, and/or repairs basic to moderately complex equipment, machinery, instruments, and control systems.
- Completed high school education or equivalent, and has strong work ethic. Must have the ability to communicate effectively, work independently as well as within a team, and must be physically able to lift 50lbs.
- Basic mechanical aptitude including demonstrated ability to identify and properly use hand tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows® operating systems and Microsoft Office®, including a basic understanding of PC and networking hardware.
- Basic understanding of electrical control circuits that employ 24 VAC/DC, 120/240 VAC, and 277/480 VAC 3-Phase.
- Demonstrated ability to properly use multi-meters including various voltages up to 480 VAC 3-Phase, measure resistance, and amperage.
- Demonstrated ability to identify components of three-phase motor circuits and related equipment.
- Basic understanding of PLC’s and associated components.
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Two-year technical degree in Electronics Technology, Automation / Robotics Technology, Instrumentation and Electrical Controls, Electrical Certification, or minimum of two years relevant work experience.
- Basic knowledge of Allen-Bradley SLC’s and ControlLogix including programming and troubleshooting.
- Experience with RSView, and/or Panelbuilder HMI software.
- Basic understanding of variable frequency drives and their application.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting switches, sensors, photo-eyes, and/or other presence sensing devices.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Vet/Disabled