PILGRIM'S MAINTENANCE LEAD - AFTERNOONS
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our hourly Maintenance Team! Positions start at $28.14/Hour with $1.50/Hour Shift Differential.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for industrial maintenance duties for an assigned area of the processing plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Maintains assigned equipment and follows preventive maintenance schedule assigned by Maintenance Manager.
- Performs demand maintenance repairs and adjustments in assigned operations area
- Makes necessary adjustments, calibrations and/or decisions to ensure proper operation of equipment
- Ensures all subordinate employees complete preventive maintenance assignments as required
- Trains, delegates work to, assists and keeps track of subordinate employees and their equipment
- Completes other tasks as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor
EXPECTATIONS – All Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 year directly related experience
- Must have skills to perform maintenance on all equipment in the assigned processing area
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with production, QA and USDA
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds
EDUCATION: High school degree or equivalent (GED) required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Lock Out / Tag Out and Pallet Jack and Fork Lift Certification or willingness to obtain