SENIOR PRICING PARTNER-POULTRY
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Pilgrim’s is searching for a Senior Pricing Partner.
Responsible for running, maintaining, developing and implementing Pricing & Revenue maximization routines and processes to support the Commercial Business unit into their Long and Short Term Sales Decisions, as well as supporting their Revenue/margin gap closures initiatives and on the formulation of their plans. Responsible for driving meetings, discussions, making sure we get our best pricing and revenue decisions. Responsible for developing tools to support our decisions and controls. Proactively give price/mix recommendations for both spot and contracted business.
A successful candidate must be able to take the initiative, easily understand the business dynamics, the big picture, their gaps and opportunities, relate with the sales managers, VP of sales, pricing team, as well as to the outside sales team, to make sure we are making the best decisions in a timely matter. Have the commitment to the end goal of achieving the best results and to have strong analytical background so that he/she can use it to drive decisions in a fact-based environment. He/she must be able to create and develop new tools to support current routines, and have the strong drive to constantly improve. Also must be organized to manage projects along with his routines.
- Understand our sales impact on profits, our gaps and opportunities against our competitors.
- Drive meetings and discussions to formulate the gaps in an actionable fashion and support with the action plan process
- Support the Commercial’s VP to set, develop and control his Revenue/pricing strategy
- Manage the pricing quotes workflow and make sure we are contracting business, aligned with our portfolio strategy: Pricing conditions, Mix, Customer, cost of doing business.
- Make sure we have visibility of our long term sales position, and that we keep it up to date.
- Interact with the outside sales teams to map and collect opportunities, get all the factors related with those opportunities, understand our capabilities and constraints regarding production and cost, find the right plant or plants and, given our availability, give price recommendations for the new opportunities, get the approvals and execute the workflow in a timely matter.
- Make sure we have all contracts formalized into the system and that we are executing the contracted business as planned
- Plan our process improvements, aligned with the division’s needs, create timelines and design and deliver tools and routines to support our goals and improvements
- Monitor the market place, understand its seasonalities by cut, the industry trends and pricing relative to the market
- Collect short term pricing opportunities, looking at data and giving pricing recommendations
- Define and maintain the short term pricing drivers, improve our dashboards.
- Run our spot meetings daily and weekly, use our data to help with our sales tactics and on the formulation of our pricing and mix goals
- Control and report our gaps on spot sales, understand the differences against our targets, and hold the managers accountable for their end results and to come up with better strategies.
- Illustrate the projected impact of a decision.
- Other duties assigned.
Work Experience Required:
- Must have 4 - 6 years of hands-on experience in analytical settings, mainly with sales and pricing
- Desirable experience with projects and process improvements
- Strong business background
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good multitasking
- Organized, strong planner.
- Excellent understanding of the big picture of the business
- Ability to think as a business owner
- Ability to understand the decision making process
- Good to relate to different teams
- Ability to work with multiple and different data sources and synthesize them into tools and decisions
- Excellent communication and relational skills required.
- Must have a sense of urgency, ownership, and accountability.
- Must be able to work independently with little direction/supervision.
- Must be adaptable and capable of absorbing new concepts and situations rapidly.
- Must be a strong team player, with solid collaboration skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Databases and reporting.
- Ability to implement and manage routines.
- General understanding of reporting tools and concepts
- Ability to influence and become a trusted advisor
- P&L analysis
- Adept at networking
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Understanding pricing and Revenue optimization principles
- Understanding of Commodity markets
- Desired Technical Skills/Areas of Expertise:
- Pricing and Revenue Management
- Business Analysis
- Project management
- Process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred: Economy, Business, Marketing, Finance.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $77,385 – $123,795:and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.