At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Conducts moderately complex chemical studies, experiments on organic and inorganic compounds and materials, analysis, and tests. Conducts research, analysis, synthesis, and experimentation on substances, for such purposes as product and process development and application, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and improvement of analytical methodologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops formulas, processes, and methods for solution of technical problems.
• Analyzes organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties, utilizing such techniques as chromatography, spectroscopy, and spectrophotometry.
• Analyzes samples for the Accredited Lab Program for USDA certified lab pesticide testing, including reporting of results and maintain the accreditation.
• Review annual hazardous waste audits and maintain all documentation regarding hazardous waste storage.
• Inventory and maintain supplies needed for pesticide laboratory.
• Manage day to day receipt, analysis, and reporting of pesticide samples including pesticide lab staff.Induces changes in composition of substances by introduction of heat, light, energy, and chemical catalysts.
• Conducts research on manufactured products to develop and improve products.
• Conducts research into composition, structure, properties, relationships, and reactions of matter.
• Confers with scientists and engineers regarding research and prepares technical papers and reports.
• Prepares standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
• Conducts analysis and experiments on organic and inorganic substances to determine and evaluate their chemical and physical properties and to investigate their applications to consumer products and industry.
• Examines potential new uses for chemical by-products.
• Assist in sample processing of water, feed, and nutritional analyses as needed.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Typically requires minimum of 3 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience, including experience with GC analysis.