MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR 2ND SHIFT
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor 2nd Shift
Location: Moberly, MO
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope of Position:
The Maintenance Supervisor will direct maintenance crews in the installation, repair, and preventive maintenance of equipment used throughout the plant, utilities, and powerhouse equipment. Oversees the maintenance of processes to reduce mechanical downtime and keep product flows and production lines running at maximum efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties as assigned
- Supervise, evaluate and direct personnel on the shift in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures
- Leads teams of Maintenance Mechanics & Electricians in predictive & preventative maintenance and machine repair
- Troubleshoot/repair equipment, plan, assign, and direct work; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and assist in providing appropriate resolutions
- Develop and implement day to day supervision of maintenance systems, processes, and documentation.
- Ensure maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and work closely with Production to schedule and accomplish equipment and facility repairs
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function
- Provide long term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
- Train employees on proper work methods and safety procedures
- Ensure tasks are completed following USDA regulations
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory
- Work side by side with maintenance personnel
- Reports directly to Maintenance Superintendent
- High School diploma or GED and 5+ years of Maintenance Supervision experience required
- Previous experience with ammonia refrigeration, high-pressure boiler, compressed air, mechanical and electrical fields (e.g. PLCs, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, etc.) required
- Knowledge of maintenance systems, work order processes, preventive/predictive maintenance, TPM, inventory, and scheduling, required
- Strong leadership skills (conflict resolution, facilitation, change management skills, decision making, empowerment, and delegation) required
- Able to lead problem-solving and troubleshooting efforts associated with high-level process issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good planning and priority setting skills
- Be Safety Minded
- May be required to work long hours and weekends
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle/feel items, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear.
- Office and plant setting: the plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold (non-weather related), and working near moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.