Pay Rate between $23.68 - $32.88per hour - based on experience
$2.00 shift premium
$2.00 per hour attendance bonus if you have perfect attendance for the week
We are offering a $1000 sign-on bonus!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Construct, maintain and test mechanical equipment, machinery and components
- Identify parts or machines needing new or replacement parts
- Utilize shop mathematics to complete assignments
- Interpret drawings of equipment in order to properly adjust, maintain or repair machinery
- Respond to requests by production area when mechanical issues with equipment have been identified
- Communicate with production management and personnel to diagnose problems and to determine potential mechanical problems
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Complete assigned tasks with accuracy and efficiency, in regards to time as well as resources
- Team member will be assigned equipment that he/she is responsible for maintaining the preventive maintenance schedule assigned to the equipment by plant Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor.
- During operational hours of the processing plant, the team member will perform maintenance repairs and adjustment in his/ her assigned operations area.
- Team member will be assigned tasks to be completed on a daily basis and designated by the maintenance supervisor.
- Team member must have knowledge, comprehension, and be able to perform the following tasks: motor repair, voltage notification on equipment; utilize safety policies and procedures each and every time to ensure safe work environment--lockout tagout, confined space, fall protection; compliance with Pilgrim’s food safety program
- Team member will be on their feet up to 12 hours in any given shift with provided 2-30 minute breaks
- Team member must be able to grasp tools, bend, lift, squat, reach as needed dependent on the requirements of the task at hand; Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from 40-50 degrees and/or the temperature equivalent outside temperatures on any given day.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor or manager.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Technical school preferred.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 1-2 years industrial maintenance experience
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing equipment
- General mathematic ability required to perform job
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings
- Basic knowledge of standard and metric measures
- Must be able to work assigned days/shifts (including some weekends)
- Electrical experience a plus