Position Title: Load Planner
Location: Greeley, CO
Reports to: Terminal Manager
- Coordinates with Sales/Warehouse to ensure that customers’ needs are being met by effective planning of assets and personnel.
- Effectively communicate pickup and delivery information to driver managers.
- Facilitate loading and equipment issues with warehouse.
- Coordinates with Customer Service to ensure that customers’ needs are being met by securing equipment for shipments.
- Effectively communicate pickup and delivery information to carriers.
- Plan loads and equipment to optimize ROI.
- Work with the Driver Managers to ensure the on time delivery requirements of the shippers are met.
- Communicate effectively with the shipper and Customer Service in any delays or problems in meeting on time service requirements.
- Forecast regional freight needs to Customer Service.
- Work with Driver Manager to meet driver’s home time requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Truck dispatch/planning/distribution experience required.
- Basic computer skills required in Outlook and Excel. Experience with transportation software is preferred.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Shipper/trucking industry experience preferred.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Better Futures Program: 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $40,500-$50,000 and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s quarterly bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.