JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members.
We are looking for a Transload Operator for JBS that reports in New Century, KS.
This position is responsible for the unloading of inbound dry bulk materials and the loading of shipping containers for overseas transportation. This is accomplished through various conveying equipment, and some manual labor methods. All equipment maintenance is done in-house and a strong mechanical aptitude is a plus. Any material handling machine experience (forklift / yard hostler) is a plus. This is a full time position with an expected 40 hours per week paying $18.00/hr. Occasional overtime work may be required as job demands.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and fasteners
- Ability to lift 40-50# to chest level, multiple times per day
- Must be able to work in a team environment with communication being paramount
- Although the work is inside of a warehouse, this position is subject to outside temperatures
- Comfortable around heavy equipment and many moving parts
- Ability to follow directions – Safety is a must
- Basic computer skills is a plus
- Must have positive temperament in stressful situations
- Good attendance is a must
- High School / GED
- Must have strong multi-tasking and prioritization ability
- Acute attention to detail
- Logistics experience preferred but not required
- Experience in Microsoft application
- Excellent communication and organizational skills