TANNERY ENVIRONMENTAL SUPERVISOR
• Manage Wastewater Department
• Supervise Wastewater personnel
• Perform tests as required to treat water properly
• Train personnel in best practices for keeping water in compliance with City and State requirements
• Keep accurate records and ensure all documentation is kept up to date and accurate
• Take and submit water samples as required
• Make sure all safety rules and requirements are followed
• Supervise cleaning and maintenance of hair save and chrome recovery departments
• Communicate effectively with regulators on matters related to permitting, expansion and non-compliance issues.
• Ensure that the Tannery maintains necessary environmental permits.
• Investigate complaints.
• Provide for environmental training for staff and division personnel.
• Ensure that all facilities have adequate and efficient environmental protection systems. Supervise design, construction and startup as may be required. Collaborate with Division Engineers on design, budgeting, startup and permitting on projects assigned to them. Stay current on changing regulations and technology.
• Participate in the emergency and chemical release reporting and response program.
• Provide reports to management.
• Proven management skills.
• Experience with environmental engineering.
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance, wastewater treatment and air permitting programs.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook).
• Previous experience working with and appropriately handling confidential information.
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering or similar field preferred.