QA & PRODUCT SPECIALIST - IMPORTS
QA & Product Specialist - Imports
The Product Manager / QA Specialist is accountable for managing the JBS USA – Imports Division’s Case Ready product set-up and maintenance at both a production and retailer level in addition to ensuring adherence to Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) programs by all production facilities that we work with.
Reporting to the Case Ready & VA Programs Director (JBS USA – Imports Division), and working within a dedicated team, the role is responsible for end-to-end set-up and maintenance of the Case Ready product range throughout the supply chain – namely the processing facilities where products are produced, and the retail platforms through which our products are sold. Furthermore, the predominant focus of the role is to ensure standards are established and maintained for the HACCP, Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Regulatory programs operated by the processing facilities in which our products are produced. This position requires a motivated self-starter, someone who is passionate about producing the best product for our customers and who is willing and able to travel extensively to facilities across the US.
- Assessing the HACCP, Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Regulatory programs of the processors that produce our products.
- Indirect management of FSQA activities at all facilities through which JBS Imports products are produced.
- Establish specifications and standards for shelf life, production controls, certifications and approvals – specific to JBS Imports’ products.
- Creation and ongoing management of product specifications - focusing on the best quality in class with the lowest costs.
- Supports the commercialization of product changes and implementation of new items and processes.
- Oversees the management of the labeling programs, specifications, new product requests, and approvals for our products.
- Works with cross-functional team members to flawlessly implement formulations, manufacturing processes and commissioning new equipment and manufacturing lines.
- Provides onsite monitoring and technical assistance to operations when testing/manufacturing new products.
- Coordinates with operations and quality teams to investigate customer complaints and respond in a timely manner.
- Approximately 65% travel across the US to our processing facilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive HACCP, QA and Food Safety technical competence/expertise.
- Demonstrated motivation and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact with others in manufacturing, sales, customers and office environment.
- GFSI (BRC specifically) training preferred.
- Proactive self-starter, willing to accept responsibility for completion of business tasks. Must be a driven individual that can take ownership of projects and complete all the relevant tasks required for the job with minimal oversight.
- Relevant industry experience
- Meat industry background preferred.
- Excellent collaboration and organizational skills.
- Clear, concise written and oral communication skills required with attention to detail and accuracy mandatory.
- Computer skills that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $77,385 - $100,590
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required as a condition of continuing employment to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity