SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Senior Internal Auditor
Purpose and Scope/General Summary: Pilgrim’s is seeking candidates for a Senior Internal Auditor role. This position based in Greeley, Colorado is a key contributor within the Corporate Internal Audit team in performing internal audits, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance and other projects as assigned. Audits are performed to assess the risk over the internal control environment, compliance with corporate policies, assess controls across the company, and to identify operational efficiency. This position will contribute to SOX testing efforts, including documentation of process walkthroughs, internal control testing, and follow up testing of remediated deficiencies for business process controls.
- Participate in company audits using a “Risk Based Methodology”, enabling the audit team to obtain exposure to a large variety of company operations and personnel.
- Be a contributor, and eventually a potential leader, of the success of the SOX programs at Pilgrim’s Pride and JBS US.
- Work closely with external auditors, assisting them with various requests and sharing best audit practices in order to obtain a quality audit product for the company
- Opportunities to present audit results to various members of senior management during the course of audits/reviews, enhancing Internal Audits exposure throughout the organization
- Follow up with management on previous audit findings to ensure action plans have been completed.
- Assist others in the department and work on various team projects.
- Coordinate on special projects with members of the I/A teams from Mexico, Europe, Australia, where required
- This role is expected to be an individual contributor and a strong team player, with a strong awareness and demonstration of the JBS values daily
- Ability to multitask on a variety of projects within a single day, which presents the opportunity for tremendous personal growth for IA staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum three-five years’ experience of full-time data analyst, financial or internal / external auditing through planning audits, conducting audit procedures and preparing audit reports; risk-based auditing experience a plus.
- Strong in performing data analytical procedures in order to find the misstatements in the data with Excel or other data analytical tools
- Has experience to pull reports from SAP, understand the basic concepts of the tables and t-codes in SAP
- Has good understanding of business processes, i.e. financial close, revenue recognition, general accounting, inventory count, inventory valuation, etc.
- Strong understanding of the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (Flow charts, Risk Matrix, Control Templates, Testing, Certifications, Remediation)
- Good understanding of internal control frameworks (COSO 2013).
- Experience auditing SAP business process controls preferred; SAP GRC exposure a plus.
- Professional Credentials: (Preferred) CPA or CIA a plus
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $77,000-$95,000; and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity