PLUMROSE ACCOUNTING TRAINEE PROGRAM (SPRING 2020)
To create a college graduate Accounting Trainee program with a key emphasis on technical, cultural and leadership training. The goal is for Accounting Trainees to rotate into our Operational Management Key Positions.
The 12-month program is intended to provide rotational experience at the Plumrose Corporate Headquarters in Chicago, IL. Trainees will have the opportunity to experience various disciplines within Accounting, Finance and Expense Control Management. The program is focused on giving participants the skills they need to analyze business needs, set innovative strategies, and execute those strategies with integrity and effectiveness.
Additional benefits include exposure to senior management, participation in leadership development courses, and the opportunity to develop presentation skills.
The Trainee will perform tasks for Accounting, Finance as well as supporting Sales, Marketing, Logistics and Procurement. This professional experience will develop the trainee in various areas of Accounting and Finance including but not limited to Balance and Income Statement Analysis, Standard Costing, Budget to Actual Analysis and Cost Reduction Management in order to assume future roles within our organization.
Our Accounting role is under the CFO structure who has responsibility over Procurement, IT, Finance, Corporate and Plant Accounting. This Accounting Trainee development program will allow the individual to have the skill set needed to assume a position in our Chicago Headquarters or at one of our plant locations.
Trainees will be given projects with key learning objectives to complete during each rotation.
- The program will allow flexibility by providing hands-on training in an area of interest to the trainee with the intention of final placement
- The rotations will provide exposure to multiple aspects of finance and accounting at the corporate level
- There will be leadership and process training sessions throughout the program
The Accounting Trainee Program is an excellent opportunity to give professionals the tools to be successful leaders.
- Perform monthly journal entries for the financial closing process
- P&L and Balance Sheet monthly analysis (Actual x Budget)
- Support plant’s analysis such as Yields, Plant’s monthly P&L analysis
- Calculate ROI, IRR, Payback for CAPEX Investments
- Support the deductions team to follow up on customer deductions (e.g. pricing and promotional discrepancies)
- Support the accounting team to prepare monthly and quarterly financial results to JBS our parent company
- Support the finance team on reports & action plans to improve DSO, DIO and DPO
- Work with procurement team to analyze price variances on raw meat, packaging, ingredients and MRO (actuals x budget)
- Support the marketing team with P&L last estimate analysis (projections x budget)
- Support the logistic team with freight analysis (actuals x budget)
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for the journal entries
- Support the accounting team on the monthly analysis for the MPR (Monthly Performance Results) meeting
- Support plant operations with cost saving initiatives
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Alignment with JBS Core Values and Company culture
- Strong Excel and Access skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate and practice leadership
- Strong desire to work in a challenging and hands-on environment
- Flexibility to relocate, preferred