Store Team Leader
This position will assist the Senior Leader. This leader will be responsible for the store operations in conjunction with the Senior Leader. As a result, this position requires excellent customer orientation, communications, prioritization, organizational, and time management skills.
Requirements: (Internal Applicants Only)
- Proven success in coaching and training employees
- Strong understanding of sales drivers and customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to delegate tasks to other team members
- Demonstrated ability to meet and work within a budget
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including store close, weekends and holidays
- Proven experience as a Retail Assistant Manager or similar position
- Experience with recruiting and performance evaluation processes
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
- Good math skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets and sales statistics
- Assist the Retail Store Manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
- Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders, inventory)
- Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
- Monitor and maintain store inventory
- Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
- Organize the schedule for new hires in a way they can participate in the 6 weeks on-boarding program
- Conduct on-the-job training for new hires
- Lead continuous training programs and guarantee full participation (Chew on This, Wild Chef, Product Training, new processes, etc.)
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
- Coach and support new and existing Sales Associates. Conduct 30,60, 90 days’ reviews
- Monitor retail operating costs, budgets and resources
- Suggest sales training programs and techniques
- Communicate with clients and evaluate their needs
- Analyze consumer behavior and propose product positioning to Commercial team
- Handle complaints from customers
- Research emerging products and use information to update the store’s merchandise
- Create reports, analyze and interpret retail data, like revenues, expenses and competition
- Conduct regular audits to ensure the store is functionable and presentable
- Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
- Education/Experience: High school degree required, previous retail supervisory experience preferred, but not required
- Communication skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, associates, and leadership.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business. Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of the Senior Leader or Leadership.
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, listening, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 50 pounds.
- Work hours: Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings and weekends shifts.
- Systems capabilities:
- Order Management Systems
- Microsoft Office