Job Title: Breeder Manager
This position directs and coordinates breeder operations to ensure the delivery of a quality product. Duties include scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of work as a Manager (or equivalent) over Breeder Service Techs. Has approval authority of personnel actions such as hirings, terminations, and disciplinary actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the day-to-day breeder operations to ensure the required quantity and quality of hatch eggs are available for hatcheries.
- Implements and monitors all pullet and breeder production programs. Ensures the training and development of all pullet and breeder flock supervisors.
- Provides communication and direction for all contract pullet and breeder producers.
- Directs programs for growing broilers for all contract broiler producers.
- Monitors the development of all contract pullet and breeder producers as well as the development of the pullet placements, moves, vaccinations, and sales to ensure proper hatch egg numbers.
- Provides performance and cost numbers to accounting and upper management.
- Monitors pullet and breeder flock health and adherence to blood testing procedures.
- Monitors and promotes driver safety with all service people.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 years of management experience in a directly related field.
- 5 years of directly related experience in poultry grow-out operations.
- Computer skills to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook). SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, holidays and weekends as needed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelors Degree in a related field preferred.