IT ANALYST- SWIFT PREPARED FOODS
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a IT Analyst in our IT Plant Systems Department for JBS that can report to Council Bluffs, IA, Omaha, NE or Mt. Pleasant, Texas.
Under direct supervision and under established IT procedures, assists higher level analysts/managers to develop functional and design specifications, to produce deliverables related to an assigned project(s) in Swift Prepared Foods Plant Systems space. Gather, compile and combines information with regard to technology, business processes and systems. Assists higher level analysts/managers with the design, installation and maintenance of system projects.
Performs the analysis of company functions, processes, and activities to improve software applications for the most effective use of technology to solve business pain points. Serves as a functional liaison between technical IT and non-technical business users in addressing their information needs.
- Delivering assigned IT projects on time.
- Working as a team with the business to help them improve their efficiencies.
- Improve efficiencies within the team.
- Work with the business on the future roadmap for their systems.
- Troubleshoot issues with plant personnel
- Provide support for regular production issues (including on-call)
- Understand best practices in Manufacturing, QA, Shipping space and improve usage/effectiveness of application within JBS
- Work with business team to understand current pain points, research/document options to address them
- Position is based out of Council Bluffs region or Mt Pleasant region (including travel)
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred 4-year degree or equivalent industry experience
- Preferred knowledge of current plant floor systems, shipping systems and quality assurance systems
- Ability to learn in a hands on environment
- Basic understanding of Swift Prepared Foods manufacturing operations, Quality Assurance and Shipping functions preferred
- Prior experience with Swift Prepared Foods plants preferred
- Technical aptitude with successful project management experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of IT processes, SDLC and project management methodology
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.