ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Warehouse Technicians must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, and endurance.
• Technicians must be able to concentrate on their tasks.
• The ability to understand and communicate information.
• Operate a variety of warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, dollies.
• Provide labor support to other areas as needed
• Be at work every day and on time.
• Identify any safety concerns or hazards and report them.
• Provide machine maintenance and troubleshooting when required.
• Participate in the shipping, receiving, storing and issuing of supplies, materials, products.
• Participate in the receiving, unloading and inspection of shipments for damage and conformity to purchase order specifications and packing slips; contact Supervisors regarding shortages, damaged goods or other discrepancies; complete receiving, discrepancy and follow-up reports.
• Participate in the stocking of products; plan storage locations; determine proper location of supplies to allow for maximum space utilization.
• Serve as a tech over an assigned warehouse function; prioritize work assignments.
• Deliver supplies and equipment as needed.
• Participate in annual physical inventories.
• Operate a computer and assigned software to input data and generate reports.
• Maintain the warehouse in a clean, orderly, safe and secure condition.
• Make recommendations regarding proper storage, inventory and warehousing procedures and improvements in warehouse efficiency.
• Arriving at scheduled time, working where and as directed, and staying until work is done, or until supervisor and/or manager indicate work is done. Some overtime work may be scheduled and required.
• Load, unload and sort packages in a fast-paced environment.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent certification
SQF, GMP, and HACCP certification preferred
Fork Lift certification
Three or more years in warehouse process
Understanding of inventory management and warehouse functions
WMS and Barcode Scanner experience preferred
Display strong work ethic and positive attitude
Adaptable and dependable with ability to follow direction and work cooperatively with others
Must maintain a helpful and professional attitude and appearance
Ability to speak, read, and write English
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping, crouching, kneeling intermittently.
Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Must be able to frequently and regularly use wrists, hands, and or fingers.
Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents, products, or operate machinery.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds throughout the day.
Typical office environment, with no hazardous or significantly unpleasant working conditions as well as a no-kill food processing environment, where it is wet, damp, and cold, in which temperatures are frequently below freezing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The list of essential functions, other duties, mental and physical demands, requirements and licenses is not meant to be exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise job descriptions and to require other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job changes.