TANNERY LIME FLESH SUPERVISOR B-SHIFT
- Meet and exceed production goals set forth by plant management.
- Responsible for minimizing down time
- Responsible for daily checks of the machines in the department (Lime Flesh Machines).
- Develop new machine operators with quality and safety behaviors to operate Flesher Machines.
- Responsible to check, guarantee a good use and guarantee safety condition of the fork lift machine in the department thru check list and visual check.
- Manage employees to unload and load drums on time to improve productivity.
- Report to technical area when identify technical opportunities with hides produced.
- Improve employee safety by identifying hazards and problem shooting solutions.
- Proactively looks for ways to reduce cost
- Be responsible of substandard generation, actions to reduce and grade them correctly.
- Look for continuous improvement in operating processes, procedures and encourages team member’s ownership of all processes
- Manages hourly employee’s timecards, vacation requests and schedules ensuring accurate pay.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on the use of all control points, equipment and resources.
- Be responsible to asset a task for his employees in any moment of downtime, giving priority to finish side tasks and helping other areas.
- To train employees into operational procedures.
- To define processes and methods, implementing preventives & correctives productions actions.
- Production settings
- Exposure to various chemicals and machinery
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises
- High level of interaction with other departments and employees
- 50+ hours per week and weekends
High School Graduate or GED equivalent (preferred but not required)
- 1 year proven supervisory experience in the industry
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully, both written and verbally
- Bilingual skills helpful
- Capable of independent decision making
- Ability to be responsible for maintenance in area machines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness
- Able to quickly and effectively adapt to new and changing situations
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Shows compassion towards and has an interest in others
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Good organizational skills
- Able to work assigned hours/days, including weekends as required
- Good attendance and safety records
Internal: Employees on the production, process, quality and other departments.
Supervision of Personnel: 10-14 employees (6 Machine operators, 5 Trimmers, 2 Fork lift driver and 1 Lead Person)
Manages: Hourly employees