PRODUCTION HOURLY - SHIPPING CLERK (Part-time) 2:00pm - 8:00pm
The Shipping Clerk is responsible for bill out trucks after loaded and checked for accuracy according to customer order.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- To check the loads after finished by Loaders to make sure it is complete according to customer order.
- Enter necessary data into the computer to print bills for truck drivers.
- Enter data for tub count into the computer (tubs sent and tubs received)
- Make USDA labels as needed.
- Monitor the number of boxes scanned by loaders to make sure all are done.
- Assist in loading as needed.
- Minor repair of computer/printer or contact Business Systems Technician for assistance.
- Gather and organize orders prior to the start of the shift.
- Other duties as required by management and supervision.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem-solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma and participates in or supports the E$P program.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and percentage calculations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn USDA and QU requirements in paperwork for different types of shipped products.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft
- To perform this job successfully, the applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibility for Confidential Information: Must be able to follow policies e g; company code of business ethics and conduct, Internet email usage policies, and password protection policies along with all accompanying policies regarding company assets and information.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required
Work Experience: prior computer skills a must
Technical Skills: Must have experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
Language Skills: Must possess the ability to communicate and/or read and understand documents such as safety rules, work rules, HACCP regulations, policy, and/or procedure manuals.
Math Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide as needed.
Reasoning Ability: Reasoning Ability: See list below:
- Must work in a respectful and cooperative manner with other workers.
- Must possess the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must possess the ability to follow safety rules and to determine safe from unsafe work practices.
Must be able to work for long hours in a no-kill food processing environment, where it is wet, damp, and cold. Temperatures are frequently around 34 degrees, and employees are expected to remain in these conditions for most of their workdays.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan. Empire/JBS USA is an equal opportunity employer.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.