PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT - 1st PROCESSING DAYS
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
· Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
· 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
· Advancement opportunities
· Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is a Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
POSITION SUMMARY: Manage all production related processes, exercises supervision of shifts supervisory staff and provides guidance for both departmental and individual development. Research and lead process improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned
· Effectively manage company resources to maximize achievement of company and plant goals in all areas (financial, customer service, innovation, learning) while maintaining strong working relationships with the USDA.
· Actively work to develop team for the purpose of enhancing their effectiveness in daily operations as well as to prepare them for future opportunities within the organization.
· The above responsibilities would include (but not limited to) a mix of the activities listed below.
· Participates in projects to ensure that they are progressing.
· Conduct weekly supervisor meetings to provide feedback.
· Develop and implement goals, objectives and budgets.
· Communicate with USDA on issues related to Pilgrim’s.
· Administer company policies and procedures fairly and equitably to maintain standards established for safety, quality and overall company personnel satisfaction.
· Investigate quality improvement methods.
· Maintain working relationship with support staff.
· Prepare and administer evaluations for team members.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES