HEAD OF OPERATIONS
Head of Operations – Prepared Foods
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Direct and manage all complexes within the business unit.
- Directs Complex Manager’s in regards to facility operations in multiple plants.
- Develops plans to ensure that plants are meeting business initiatives
- Approves AFEs that will provide a return on investment.
- Developing and managing projects resulting in inventory reductions and service improvements.
- Recommending and implementing action plans with plants, suppliers, sales, marketing, and finance.
- Developing relevant and useful reports and analysis to assist Planning.
- Prepares budget and makes recommendations to executives.
- Sets production and processing goals for the complex.
- Responsible for operational compliance with safety directives.
- Oversee recommended improvements to productivity, labor efficiencies, and reducing plant costs
- In concert with Operations and Complex Managers, establish accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluation
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Typically requires 15+ years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Experience in both processing and live operations strongly preferred.
- Proven experience managing and motivating others for maximum performance.
- Team player with leadership skills
- Good work ethic
- Excellent organizational, math and statistical skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understand and comply with Company policy and procedures
- Ability to handle conflict; interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Excel preferred
- Knowledge and technical skills in a variety of production jobs
- Strong multi-tasking skills are necessary
- Strong analytical skills & problem solving
Internal: Plant personnel, senior team and production employees. Frequent contact with Corporate HQ and Execute Officers.
External: Community, vendors, customers
Directly supervise Operations and Complex Managers