JBS Souderton has an exciting opportunity to join our Safety Department! This position will be a Safety Associate/Trainer and will have the ability to make a positive impact on our safety culture in our Souderton Plant. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, willing to work in a fast paced, fun environment and have the ability to implement and affect change. This is an exciting time for our safety culture - we are making positive strides and with your help we will move our culture into the future!
This Person will be responsible for providing assistance (perform training, implement policies/procedures, conduct safety audits and inspections, administer Safety programs, etc.) to the safety and health efforts of the Operations as directed by the Complex Safety and Health Manager.
- Conduct authorized training for the following topics: Powered Industrial Trucks, Lockout Tag Out, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space Entry, and other topics as assigned.
- Provide training support to the organization and ensure that all required monthly training is completed as scheduled.
- Promotes a safe environment by coordinating and cooperating with plant Managers, Supervisors, and Partners
- Conduct periodic safety and health audits and track findings to ensure closure.
- Enter information into accident, training completion and corrective action databases accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform Industrial Hygiene Air Monitoring weekly
- Spend time being visible in the processing plant and other site locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work flexible days/hours when needed.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Solid knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; SAP experience a plus
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish/Haitian Creole) strongly preferred
- OSHA competent person certifications a plus
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
Bachelor's Degree in related field of study (preferred)