LIVE HAUL DRIVER /LIFT DRIVER
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Operates Live Haul trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
Operates Forklifts at contract grower locations in a safe and efficient manner.
Performs equipment inspections in accordance with company guidelines and equipment operating instructions. Reports all problems to the Supervisor.
Performs minor maintenance on equipment as directed.
Loads trucks as required.
Tarps truck according to established guidelines during periods of inclement weather.
Assists with monitoring barn conditions, ventilation, and bird conditions during catching and reports problem areas to the Supervisor.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Working knowledge of driving and traffic rules.
· Appropriate skill to drive a truck safely
· Ability to follow both written and verbal directions
· Ability to communicate effectively with others in a manner that maintains harmoney with co-workers
· Considerable ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Considerable ability to work under dusty adverse conditions.
· Valid Class A Drivers license and acceptable driving record according to Company Policy 622 required, (Possession of single, valid operators license with appropriate vehicle classification for operators state of residence; no incident in prior 36 months in which the driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs; no incident in prior 36 months of reckless/careless driving; no major driving violations), for Lockout/Tagout safety as well as other company safety programs and policies.
· Valid Pilgrim's Forklift license or ability to obtain license within 30 days