DATA SCIENCE CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
JBS is seeking candidates for a part-time Data Science Intern as part of the IT Career Development role at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO. The intent of this position is to provide a year-round, entry-level position to currently enrolled college students on our IT team. This is an exciting, year-round opportunity for candidates who excel in a busy, achievement-oriented environment and obtain relevant work experience that can lead to long-term placement with JBS. School credit may be available.
Responsibilities will vary based on the role but may include:
- Leveraging and sharing the latest machine and deep learning techniques to challenge the current practices across the business units
- Developing POC (Proof of Concept) projects applying machine learning methods including Deep Learning, Computer Vision, and related algorithms.
- Provide clear and accurate guidance to internal stakeholders regarding how to successfully adopt and implement technological solutions into their environment
- Maintain documentation and training material for supported services
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Participation in process improvement discussions and meetings
- Provide support to user groups after a project and obtain feedback to be used as catalyst to optimize the system further
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred availability is 20 -30 hours per week (must be within the hours of Monday-Friday 7am-5pm), year-round
- Candidates local to Northern Colorado only
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience in Data science and Machine Learning.
- Proficient in Python and SQL.
- Experience is working on cloud environments like AWS, GCP is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task and strong work ethic
- Ability to successfully work under strict deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical mindset
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Base salary of $24.00 per hour
- Retention bonus eligible
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.