PLANT PRODUCTION SCHEDULER
Plan and manage all production schedules for WIP and finished goods at both Council Bluffs locations. Provides raw material requirements for filling production schedules and establishing delivery times by location. Scheduler will monitor all raw material inventories and deliveries to assure all raw material is rotated first in, first out, and make any necessary adjustments to optimize raw materials and plant efficiency.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling all production areas for Council Bluffs. CB1/CB2: Logs, bacon, deli hams, Slicing and WIP. Report needed.
- Manage rotation and consumption of all raw materials. Monitor inventory and report as needed
- Schedule delivery days/times for all raw materials. Report out as appropriate
- Verify through cost accounting and R&D all recipes are current, accurate and optimized.
- Utilize and learn all SAP functions supporting production planning.
- Communicate all production schedules and work with production, sales, category management, QA, R&D and others departments as needed.
- Schedule all shipments of finished goods, logs, and internal transfers from Council Bluffs locations.
- Align plant capacities and availability with demand requirements
- Convert monthly log MPS into raw material requirements by week
- Provide support for plants to meet sales and customer demands
- Effectively communicate obstacles and opportunities
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and technology applied.
- Must be able to accept change and understanding of dealing with a perishable product.
- Very fast paced environment that requires multi-tasking at any given time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excel, Word, SAP
- Analytical skills, detail orientated
- Develop and maintain relationships with staff and all management
- BS degree preferred or
- Five years meat processing experience
- Knowledge of perishable food manufacturing
- Plant operations, quality, receiving and shipping
- Category management
- Plumrose management as need
- External contacts- USDA
- Third part warehouses
- Suppliers and transportation as need
- Plumrose employees