POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for directing, controlling, and coordinating all aspects of plant production in order to maximize the long-term and short-term profitability of the company while maintaining or exceeding Pilgrims performance standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Directs and coordinates all plant processing functions utilizing all available resources to most effectively and efficiently achieve Pilgrims standards.
- Actively work to develop team for the purpose of enhancing their effectiveness in daily operations as well as to prepare them for future opportunities within the organization.
- Participates in projects to ensure that they are progressing.
- Conduct weekly manager meetings to provide feedback.
- Develop and implement goals, objectives, and budgets.
- Communicate with USDA on issues related to Pilgrims.
- Administer company policies and procedures fairly and equitably to maintain standards established for safety, quality and overall company personnel satisfaction.
- Investigate process improvement methods.
- Maintain working relationship with support staff.
- Prepare and administer evaluations for team members.
- Manages all aspects of processing including Standard Operating Procedures and Control Plans.
- Performing administrative duties and seeing that objectives are being met.
- Communicating the Team Members on project timelines and tasks that need to be completed immediately.
- Other duties as required by management and supervisor.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business Management, Logistics or Agriculture or significant (10+) years in a directly related management position required.
- Minimum of 5 years proven management experience in leading a team in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Ability to work across functions and build a team relationship with in the company
- Thorough understanding of Process Quality techniques (or training will be provided)
- Very good analytical and financial skills
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills
- Very good project management skills
- Above average negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and statistical analysis software applications
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.