LIVE RECEIVING - DAYS
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Live Receiving Team! This position starts at $20.42/hour! Plus a $2000 hiring bonus!
· 5 Days of paid time off at 60 days of employment
· Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
· 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
· Training provided with a trainer/mentor
· Advancement opportunities
· Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
· Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed
POSITION SUMMARY: The Live Receiving Worker will rotate within the department. Rotation could include live hanging, crates, forklift driver, and backup to the finishing machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Places the legs of live chickens into shackles at a rate required to meet the line speed established by company standards.
2. Insert drawers at required speeds
3. Load and unload crates off shuttle trucks
4. Keeps loose chickens picked up off floor
5. Reports any equipment damage or potential mechanical problems to Leadership immediately
6. Performs other duties as assigned
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Trains others with the skills and knowledge gained from position.
· Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
· Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
· Other duties as directed.