REGULATORY LABELING SUPERVISOR
Regulatory Labeling Supervisor
We are looking for a Regulatory Labeling Supervisor for Pilgrim’s. The Regulatory Labeling Supervisor reports to Research and Development. This role supports the development of food products by applying regulatory guidance to meet USDA and customer requirements.
- Functions as the professional USDA regulatory labeling resource and develop partnerships with internal and external partners.
- As a USDA Regulatory Labeling Specialist - will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams: Marketing, Nutritionist, Quality Assurance, Developers, Insights and Innovations Teams.
- Should be able to manage multiple projects at once and prioritizes with assistance from manager.
- Keeping informed of USDA labeling regulations, provide insights and directions of how they impact PPC.
- Perform comparative analysis on all supporting documentation (SPEC, BOM’s, ingredient docs, allergen statements, nutrition profiles, customers spec/graphics) to ensure adherence to USDA and company standards.
- Prepare and review documentation required by USDA and other governmental and certification agencies.
- Work with outside vendors: label suppliers, label printers, USDA consultants, ingredient suppliers, and co-manufactures.
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of the knowledge warehouse in specifications, USDA label transmittal/approvals, and ingredient documents.
- Development and maintenance of knowledge warehouse.
- Assists in creation of Nutrition Facts Panels.
- Contributes and Implements KPIs.
- Management of team members
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS Degree Preferred: Food Science or related technical field
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience in labeling and nutrition facts panels, preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to learn and become proficient at USDA regulations and labeling
- Ability to manage cross-functional and external collaborations and projects
- Excellent organization skills, project management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Team player & Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Ability to travel
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $58,485 - $76,020;
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity