QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Quality Assurance Representative
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of routine laboratory operations in a quality assurance or research setting.
Duties usually consist of making measurements and performing several routine quantitative and qualitative biological or chemical analytical tests according to standard procedures. Assists higher level technicians in setup of laboratory equipment and in recording data for experiments and procedures. Requires knowledge in using various instruments to prepare for and perform tests. Performs routine and safety program checks and preventive maintenance on instruments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs laboratory work according to prescribed standards.
- Determines chemical and physical characteristics or composition.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Collects and analyzes samples. Performs simple laboratory tests according to prescribed standards.
- Tests samples to verify conformity to specifications. Records test results and writes test reports describing procedures used.
- Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment.
- May prepare graphs and charts.
- May calibrate laboratory instruments.
- May prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- May add chemicals or raw materials to process solutions or product batches to correct or establish formulation required to meet specifications.
- May be required to travel.
- May require availability outside of normal business hours.
EDUCATION: Typically requires Associate’s Degree in related field; however, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
EXPERIENCE: Entry-level; no experience required with degree. A minimum of 2 years related experience required to substitute for degree.