ASSISTANT CATEGORY MANAGER
Reporting to the Category Manager, the assistant category manager is responsible for assisting the Category Manager in establishing sourcing strategies, leading sourcing events, and managing day-to-day activities. The assistant category manager plays a crucial role in the execution of contracts, supplier management, and supporting plant operations.
- Collaborate with Category Manager to develop sourcing strategies and execute sourcing events
- Analyze spend and work cross functionally with internal business stakeholders to determine business requirements for sourcing events
- Leverage market research in sourcing decisions and risk management; disseminate market intelligence
- Analyze bid results and assist with developing recommendations on awarding business to suppliers
- Support Category Manager in sound contract management and ensure contract compliance
- Maintain supplier relationships and communications to build strategic partnerships; evaluate and measure supplier performance to ensure expectations are met
- Support plant buyers and operations with day-to-day purchasing needs and address supplier performance issues
- Perform spend analytics to identify savings opportunities, optimize Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), eliminate waste and detailed comparative analysis of spend across multiple plants
- Focus on process improvement and efficiency gains through standardization and automation
- Track savings against key performance indicator targets
- Prepare monthly KPI reporting to Category Manager
- Assist in the identification with creating new materials, sourcing to plant locations, and maintaining current pricing under agreements
- Track off-contract spend and report monthly during business reviews
- Maintain the SRM program for the category and set monthly reviews for OEM’s (when applicable)
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Analytical, critical thinking, problem solving
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Assertive, initiative, self-motivated
- Sense of urgency, ownership, and accountability
- Focus on customer satisfaction and value creation
- Communication and presentation
- Collaboration, team player
- Intellectual curiosity
- Flexible and adaptable
- Builds relationships both externally and internally
- Comfortable negotiating both internally and externally
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $50,000-$65,000 and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required as a condition of continuing employment to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity