MAINTENANCE MANAGER II
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisors, activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems of mill, industrial plant, or other establishments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and to recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment. Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures maximum efficient operations of facilities and equipment, as well as the care of all grounds and support equipment, through the direction of a technical support staff made up of supervisors, technicians, custodians, and the purchase of necessary outside technical and non-technical support services.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Prepare department budget and monitor expenditure of funds in budget.
Typically requires an Engineering Degree, Technical Associates Degree or completion of Vocational/Technical specialty certification/licensure program in a related field.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be considered on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.