FAB PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT A SHIFT
- Oversees efficiency of monitoring production, scanning make sheet, and discussing daily goals with Supervisors.
- Reports to Fabrication Office for order sheet (make sheet), attends supervisor meetings, and reports work schedule to supervisors daily.
- Directs supervisors with respect to production volume, quality, cost and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
- Handles any employee grievance, dispute or problem in most efficient manner possible. Any unsolved matter taken up with Human Resources.
- Actively participates in group meetings, line meetings, and supervisory meetings.
- Work with the Quality control department to insure product quality & food safety.
- Trains and develops supervisors to provide management depth and develop teamwork to attain department objectives.
- Monitors and confirms the machinery, equipment and facilities are properly maintains and sanitized.
- Maintains good employee relations and adherence to labor contract provisions.
- Contact with line personnel, in addition to plant management. Required skills:
- Team oriented • Communication skills • People skills • Bilingual important, but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of beef cuts and production process.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English Working Conditions:
- Working in cold temperature • Frequent exposure to knives, hot water and production machinery.
- Physical demands of this position may include a great deal of walking and stair climbing. • Environment consists of slick floors and loud noise.
- High School Diploma or GED with college training preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of meat products.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in processing plant industry.