Job Title: Procurement Coordinator
Location: Booneville, MS
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
The Procurement Coordinator will report to the Procurement Analyst, with a dotted line to the Plant Accounting Manager. Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the optimization of the procurement processes related to purchasing of all packaging, ingredients, services, supplies, and MRO parts. This role will support administrative tasks surrounding purchasing of materials mentioned above to support two production facilities. Procurement coordinator will work with the Procurement Lead and facility managers/ supervisors to ensure SAP accuracy in all facets of the procurement process. Coordinator may work with suppliers to ensure timely, full delivery of orders. Coordinator may work with R&D to support bringing new material and ingredients into the plants.
- Ensures prompt, accurate, creation and maintenance of purchase requisitions and purchase orders
- Conversion of all purchase requisitions to purchase orders according to release strategies.
- Confirms all purchase orders in SAP within 48 hours
- Support process requisitions at the plant level
- Support resolution of AP issues with SAP Workflow (i.e. Workflow, GR/IR Reconciliation)
- Support and identify actions to improve overall purchasing processes for facilities
- Support resolution of all product claims with suppliers, brokers and plants to an agreeable resolution and reimbursement for issues dealing with packaging and ingredients
- Support Inventory activities (annual/cycle counts)
- Partner will plant teams to ensure correct materials are in place on a daily basis
- Support optimization of SAP to improve purchase process and accurate financial record documentation
- Support actions with local management to optimize inventory while maintaining plant efficiency
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- 1- 3 years of supply chain experience, or equivalent education, in purchasing, sales, planning, logistics, or manufacturing
- Problem solving skills
- SAP or other ERP system in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing company with broad knowledge of operations, distribution, sales
- Self-starter, driven individual focused on continuous improvement
- Excellent team-oriented approach is critical
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of purchasing, selling, scheduling, and production planning of perishable food products desired
- Demonstrated capacity to work with teams
- This position will interact with the following stakeholders:
- Government agencies /USDA
- Freight, warehousing, suppliers
- Suppliers, vendors, strategic partners
- Human Resources, Accounting, and Logistics
- Scheduling and Sales
- Category Managers
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
- Plant working environment
- Food manufacturing operations environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.