SUPERVISOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
POSITION SUMMARY: Our 4 to 6 month program is designed to give you an immersive leadership experience. This program includes hands-on rotations throughout multiple departments inside the production facility, and is designed to give you real-world leadership experience and a thorough understanding of how each department functions to support the overall production strategy of our location. During the training program, trainees will have the opportunity to experience various disciplines and areas of interest, while also exploring the foundations of the business at the plant level. The program focuses on giving participants the skills they need to read complex situations, set innovative strategies, and execute those strategies with integrity and effectiveness.
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trainees will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects designed to provide a meaningful return on investment to Pilgrim’s
- Trainees will receive key learning objectives to complete during each rotation
- The last couple of months of the program will provide hands-on supervisor training with the intention of preparing trainee for final placement in a supervisor role
- There will be several leadership and process training sessions throughout the program to develop your leadership skills as well as your people and process management skills to include two week long trips to the Corporate HQ in Greeley, CO
- Other duties as required
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- 1 year of work experience in a related field is preferred
- Considerable skills in Excel and Word
- Considerable leadership skills
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work different shifts and occasional weekends
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Marked ability to analyze and respond to production issues involving production processes
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.