COORDINATOR OF OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
POSITION SUMMARY: The Coordinator of Operational Excellence supports the Complex Manager in implementing Pilgrims Management Method as an internal consultant. This position has access to senior leaders in the organization and has high advancement opportunity. Quarterly travel may be required to sister locations for learning opportunities. This position will require the ability to work independently and lead indirectly. Advanced computer skills are required; the ability to create or learn pivot tables, graphs, and documents on a daily basis is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for the process improvement implementation. Main products/processes: 6s Program, Standardization, Abnormalities Management and Complex Goals and maintaining the complex Action Plans
- Point of contact with corporate management process improvement team and responsible for solving issues of understanding and applicability of all products/processes received from this team;
- Collect data and analyze data to support potential actions in the plant.
- Responsible for provide the status of CI implementation for both, Complex Manager and Management Method team;
- Lead meetings to check the implementation and results
- Train plant team in continuous improvement methods
- Other duties as required
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, all majors welcome to apply.
- Must have excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint knowledge
- Requires advanced skills in pivot tables and graphs
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills required
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, must be able to work with all levels of management and hourly team members
- This position requires strong oral and written communication skills, teaching and coaching skills and a detailed approach to problem solving
- Must be self-motivated to perform simultaneous tasks without close continuous supervision
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.