NETWORK ENGINEER II
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in Greeley, Colorado.
We are looking for a Network Engineer for JBS that will report to the Data Center Office in Richardson, TX.
JBS USA is seeking a Network Engineer who can design, implement and manage standards based data communication networks. Our Field Network Engineering group is responsible for providing a robust and reliable data communications infrastructure between and within 100+ facilities in North America.
• Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WAN, WLAN) in both corporate and industrial environments
• Work in conjunction with corporate engineers to provide data communication scopes of work for expansion and greenfield projects to be carried out by low voltage contractors
• Act as a resource to Network Administrators within various business units that are responsible for day to day network operations within their facilities
• Monitor network performance and ensure maximum system availability and reliability
• Configure various network devices and services
• Cisco ASR and 4K series routers
• Cisco Catalyst 9300, 9200, 9500, 3850, 3650 and 2960 series switches
• Cisco Nexus 9000 series switches
• Cisco ACI • Cisco 5500 / 9800 series Wireless LAN controllers
• Wireless management – Cisco Prime Infrastructure
• Cisco 3700 and 3800 Wireless Access Points
• Routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, mobile routing)
• Cisco ISE
• Cisco Prime Infrastructure (CPI)
• Cisco Unified Communications
• Cisco Meraki
• Cisco and Palo Alto Firewalls
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
• Possess a deep understanding of Cisco licensing
• Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team to JBS standards
• Maintain complete technical documentation
• Communicate with all levels of end users with equal respect
• Participate in a 24/7 on call rotation
• Travel within North America for projects and deployments
• Perform related tasks as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related subject. Equivalent work experience in a related field considered
• Cisco CCNA / CCNP or higher desired
• Years of experience 5+ preferred. Previous JBS experience will be considered.
• Proven hands-on network engineering experience and project management skills
• Ability to work independently and be highly flexible
• “Can do” attitude.
• Thorough understanding of networking protocols; IP Subnetting