MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The Center of Innovation & Technology for Excellence (CITE) is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer who is passionate about modern and state-of-the-art machine learning techniques that can impact JBS’s competitive advantage. By supporting the JBS Machine Learning community, you will empower the teams across all our business units with the tools and processes to enhance decision making and allow for insight-driven collaboration.
A successful candidate must take the initiative, easily understand the business dynamics, see the big picture, assess current practices, and identify new areas where inefficiencies affect the bottom line of the company. They must understand the uses of business and market information to better drive decisions, relate with multiple teams to understand the problems of the business, have a strong analytical mindset so that they can drive decisions in a fact-based environment, know how to prioritize the deliverables, have a passion for learning, improving the process, and attention to the form of how the information is presented, and focus on improved processes, efficiency, and continuous improvement.
In this role, you will partner with the data science/machine learning teams across the business units to move strategically by:
- Leveraging the latest machine and deep learning techniques to challenge the current practices across the business units.
- Enhancing the internal collaboration between business units through alignment of people, processes, and technologies with business goals
- Proposing best practices to optimize business unit’s cloud presence, performance, security, and cost
- Develop new specs, documentation; and partake in the development of technical procedures and user support guides
- Carry out debugging, troubleshooting, modifications, and unit testing of custom solutions built on the organization platform
- Managing the code and artifacts, including models, algorithms, templates, tools, policies, guidelines, etc.
- Measuring performance and comparing the results to similar efforts across the organization and the industry
- Working with different business organizations across the company to understand their needs and help identify new opportunities.
- Mentoring, coaching, training, and managing fellow data
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, , Statistics, Business Analytics, Agribusiness, Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc. or equivalent experience
- Proficient in machine learning particularly Deep Learning
- Knowledge about Cloud Environment such as AWS and GCP
- Experience with BI Tools
- Expertise in computer vision-based projects
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL
- Solid technical hands-on skills in machine learning (regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction), deep learning (CNN, RNN/LSTM, GAN), time-series data, anomaly detection, statistical algorithms, data mining, and data engineering
- Knowledge in Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and cloud computing infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong ability to use logic and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be flexible
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience with agile or other rapid development methods
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
- Experience in the agricultural industry projects at the edge is a plus.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $100,000-$130,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.