MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR II
JOB DESCRIPTION FORM
Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor II
Salary Class: Exempt
Purpose & Scope: Supervises and coordinates activities of skilled trade workers engaged in maintaining and repairing equipment, structures, utility systems, buildings, and grounds.
Principle Responsibilities: List and describe (in order of importance) the specific tasks, assignments, level of discretionary authority and/or functions performed.
- Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance programs and procedures for plant equipment
- Maintains production equipment in a manner that meets organization standards and ensures minimum equipment downtime. Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies
- Supervises and performs the repair of plumbing, electrical, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards
- Supervises mechanics in charge of maintaining and repairing building utility systems such as electrical wiring and controls, heating, and ventilating systems
- Administers training programs to ensure proper operations, preventive maintenance, and repair equipment programs and procedures
- Supervises mechanics who maintain, repair and service plant equipment, buildings, and facilities
- Prepares work schedules and work assignments for subordinates’ maintenance mechanics
- Directs workers engaged in major painting projects, performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings
- Interprets and enforces company policies and practices to employees Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems
- Works on projects involving the construction of new buildings and facilities and the alteration or modification of existing ones
- May direct workers engaged in ground maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, raking and disposing of leaves and refuse, and snow removal. May supervise custodial services
- Large amount of walking, stair climbing required.
- Noise and temperature levels vary depending on which area of the plant tasks are located.
- Employee will typically work 50-55 hours per week M-F with some Saturday work if necessary.
- Heavy and dangerous machinery
Requirements: Describe necessary knowledge or skills, and type and amount of formal schooling, and work experience normally required to obtain these. Do not describe your own particular background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical, industrial or related field required
- Experience: Understanding of plant equipment and maintenance facility functions and management with a minimum of 1 to 3 years of maintenance related experience is an asset
- 1-2 years proven supervisory experience in the food industry, industry-specific experience encouraged
- Program, planning and evaluation techniques.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Bilingual communication is important, but not necessary as long as a translator is present
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Leadership skills
- Food Safety Knowledge
- Able to multi-task
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Communication and People skills
- Internal: Employees on the production line, maintenance employees and plant management
- External: Vendors and contractors
Supervision of Personnel: List titles reporting directly through you and number of employees reporting through each
- Manages: Maintenance mechanics, electricians, and other maintenance hourly and management support team members
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $68,000-80,000 and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. EOE/Vets/Disability