PILGRIM'S PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE -SUMMER HELP ONLY - NIGHTS
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our hourly Production team this SUMMER! Positions start at $15.75/hour, plus $1.50/hr. Shift Differential. Receive a $500 Summer Help Bonus, when hired for a full time position working a minimum of 10 weeks over the summer.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (For Full Time Team Members)
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
***This position is for High School or College Students, parents or teachers looking for temporary work over the summer months***
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Processes product using tools, manual labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim's product standards and procedures.
- Process product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
- Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
- Clean and organized work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Trains others with the skills and knowledge gained from position.
- Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
- Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
- Must have good communication skills.
- Capable of learning and remembering product specifications.
- Capable of lifting and carrying 40+ pounds.
- Good hand and eye coordination required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Intermediate Analytical skills preferred.
- Basic computer skills or strong willingness to learn preferred.
- Food or production experience preferred.
- Desire for continuous improvement preferred