- Process weekly and bi-weekly pay cycles for employees
- Work with all aspects of Payroll, including verifying employee time, payroll deductions, vacation, etc.
- Review and validate time sheets and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies
- Provide information to managers on payroll and attendance matters
- Administration and tracking of employee, vacations, and leave of absence and sick pay.
- Establish, evaluate, and maintain departmental reports and key indicators
- Recommend new processes, policies, and procedures to influence continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
- Service employees on payroll questions, benefits, and HR-related questions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- SAP and Kronos software knowledge preferred
- 2 years of HR experience preferred
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Customer-focused attitude and excellent communication skills with a high level of professionalism and discretion
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and dynamic deadlines
- Flexible and positive
- Efficient time management skills in a fast-paced business environment
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to be agile, high learner
- Bilingual skills preferred but not required
- Prior experience in unionized environment preferred
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid time off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 1st day of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base pay range of $26,400-33,000.
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.