Regional Real Estate Leader
The Regional Real Estate Development Leader will be responsible for all aspects required to build and manage a robust new-store development program including the formulation and implementation of market expansion strategies, building project pipeline, managing relationships with developers and brokers, selecting and approving sites with Market Leaders, negotiating LOI and lease agreements, overseeing entitlement and permitting processes, presenting projects to Real Estate Committee for approval, managing new-store development program through opening. Individual will need to develop a strong understanding of our business in order to ensure they acquire the correct sites and team up with Market leaders to get the necessary support to deliver the new-store program goals. Individual should be a self-starter and have an entrepreneurial spirit!
- Develop strategic expansion plans for new-store development for all markets under his or her responsibility.
- Build a robust pipeline of projects and manage a multi-year portfolio of new-store projects.
- Build and manage relationship with RE developers and brokers.
- Skilled in all facets of retail acquisition, lease renewals, lease extensions and lease administration.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of retail wide functions to assist in the delivering short and long term new store growth.
- Skilled in planning, tracking, evaluating and reporting on the performance of assigned activities.
- Skilled in negotiating complex retail real estate agreements and experience in handling large volume of lease events & transactions.
- Prepare financial and sensitivity analysis & approvals for all transactions develop business justification and recommendations for presentation to user groups and executive management team for approval. Ability to work with a wide variety of retail wide functions to assist in the development of short and long term retail real estate asset management requirements.
- Assist with the strategic planning for the retail stores, including financial analysis, market information, offering terms and conditions, contract review, and negotiations.
- Review and update retail real estate asset management best practices, forms, documents, and enhancements to the retail real estate database.
- Provide support to all internal teams and oversee lease requirements such as obtaining landlord consent, negotiating reinstatement requirements and collection of Tenant Improvement dollars.
- Manage current real estate assets by taking a proactive approach, anticipating lease renewals and terminations and all critical dates, lowering and auditing operating expenses, coordinating landlord approval of alterations & completing estoppel certificates.
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal customers, senior management, legal, tax, risk management, landlords, vendors, consultants, and outside brokers.
- Administrative: Balance administrative tasks such as calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reports, and document control.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers
- The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence
- Minimum 7+ years of work experience in Retail Real Estate/Asset Managment or Retail or mixed use Real Estate/Property Management with detailed knowledge & experience in negotiating retail leases
- Minimum of 7+ years managing external resources
- Ability to interpret complex commercial leases
- Excellent analytical, statistics or financial experience required
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working independently
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
- Highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and be detail focused.
EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED DRUG FREE WORK PLACE