PILGRIM'S SHIPPING/WAREHOUSE WORKER - DAYS
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our hourly Shipping Tteam! Positions start at $18.51/hour
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
POSITION SUMMARY: The Shipping/Warehouse Worker is responsible for the accurate scaling and handling of product in the distribution department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Responsible for the general operation and basic maintenance of the auto scale.
2. Performs manual scaling at the re-weigh station, including its general operation and basic maintenance.
3. Constant repetition of stacking boxes weighing 45-50 pounds on pallets which are segregated by product code.
4. Assists with rework by either repairing the cases or identifying them for return.
5. Assures inventory accuracy by submitting daily scale adjustment reports.
6. Rotates stock as required.
7. Operates forklift and pallet jack safely and efficiently.
8. Loads trucks both with equipment and by hand, which can vary in weight up to 50 pounds per case.
9. Ability to fill customer orders accurately using hand held scanner equipment.
10. Keeps area clean by performing daily general sanitation.
11. Monitors x-ray process, making necessary adjustments.
12. Reports shipping problems or concerns to Supervisor or Lead person immediately.
13. Monitors process for partial cases to be worked into the process.
14. Other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES