CORPORATE TRAINING MANAGER
Corporate Training Manager
We are seeking a Corporate Training Manager for our Pork Business Unit based in Worthington, MN, Marshalltown, IA, Ottumwa, IA, or Beardstown, IL. This is an onsite (non-remote) role.
The Corporate Training Manager will create and conduct leadership education and programs for various groups within the business unit. This role will contribute to JBS’s broader leadership development strategy by using a hands-on approach. This role will oversee both management and hourly training programs at all pork plants.
- Partner with Operations and HR Leaders in the field to better understand their training and development needs.
- Design, develop, implement, and evaluate business unit training programs with an increased focus on a hands-on approach and delivery.
- Design, develop and implement experiential learning activities.
- Analyze training evaluations to modify and improve existing programs and/or develop new training programs.
- Create and distribute marketing documents for training programs.
- Develop multimedia visual aids and presentations.
- Support the development and maintenance of management and hourly training processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the management of the budget for training programs.
- Provide Pork team members with world-class classroom training, demonstrations, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Identify the developmental needs of others through coaching and mentoring for all the Management and Hourly Training programs at all facilities.
- Oversee internal and external training programs.
- Oversee business unit performance management process.
- Assist in overseeing Training & Retention Managers and Technical Training Managers from each of the 5 business unit locations through in-direct supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining strong business relationships.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferably within a medium to large food manufacturing company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Leadership, HR, or related field is preferred.
- Experience designing and measuring leadership development initiatives.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, adult learning, and instruction for individuals and groups.
- Results oriented, team player with an eye for detail.
- Strong background knowledge of the Company and the operations.
- Strategic thinker.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Approximately 40% travel required.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity