FORKLIFT OPERATOR - BLUE BASKET WAREHOUSE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for the general operation and a basic maintenance of the rack scale.
- Performs scaling at the weigh station, including general operation and basic maintenance
- Scale verification / other checks as needed
- Identify product SKU/code by visually seeing tray
- Ensure accurate count of inventory going into WIP
- Enter necessary data into computer to print accurate labels
- Keep area clean by performing daily general sanitation.
- Reports shipping problems or concerns to Supervisor of Lead Person immediately.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass a Prove It test
- Valid forklift and pallet jack license or ability to obtain a license
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Ability to learn new procedures, i.e. bar code scanner, equipment, stacking grids
- Familiarity with computer system
- Ability to work variable hours and excellent attendance required