Cattle A/P Clerk
Cattle A/P Associate
Job Overview: This position’s main responsibility is to assist in the day-to-day accounting duties of the JBS USA – Souderton plant in regards to cattle purchase costs, feed charges, and other accounts payable charges. This position also requires interface with the JBS – Souderton Slaughter, Barn and Accounting departments and will help in the reconciliation of cattle accounts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist barn staff in tracking and accounting for daily delivery of cattle.
- Calculate and reconcile any payment deferrals.
- Ensure accuracy of data prior to upload into financial accounting system used for processing payments and adjustments.
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval.
- Check cattle vendor files for any previous payments and assign voucher numbers.
- Obtain proper information regarding invoice payments.
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or signatures.
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files.
- Daily reconciliation of the cattle book.
- Support A/P Supervisor as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Computer skills and good interpersonal skills a must
- Experience with Excel and SAP preferred
- Attention to detail
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounts Payable/Receivable or related field