POSITION SUMMARY: The Timekeeper is responsible for timely and accurately performing accounting functions and payroll duties.
SAFETY IS A CONDITION: At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for running daily payroll reports
- Daily edits payroll records per supervisors' request
- Files payroll records.
- Handles all payroll issues concerning clock times.
- Reports on temporary labor hours and other data.
- Performs accounting duties as assigned.
- Completes miscellaneous accounting projects for the Accounting Manager.
- Other duties as required
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Previous timekeeping / payroll experience required
- Must have excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint knowledge
- SAP and Kronos experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work on a proactive basis in a high paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to communicate and work closely with Accounting Manager to relate critical/urgent issues
- Must be able to set goals and meet deadlines
- Professional phone skills
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.