Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Logistics Assistant for Pilgrim’s that will report to the Corporate Office in Greeley Colorado.
This role reports to the office Tuesday through Saturday from 6:00 AM-3:00 PM.
- Act as a liaison between carriers, customer, and sales with daily updates on all shipments to Pilgrim’s key customers.
- Meet the required update deadlines as specified by sales, customers.
- Provide accurate information in the format specified by sales, customers.
- Provide assistance to the Carrier Support Team on tasks including, but not limited to: appointment scheduling, data entry, and load tracking.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry preferred
- SAP knowledge and experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills required
- General understanding of US geography
- Excellent follow through skills required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ability to multi-task required
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $16.50; and
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.