PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - Fresh Plant 3RD SHIFT
Production Supervisor - Fresh Plant
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made
This position is responsible for assuring all procedures are followed in achieving the highest level or productivity in the most cost efficient manner possible while still maintaining the specification of the customer. Make sure all reporting requirements are met for area of supervision. Be available to work night shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains and provides an environment for employees to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance in their respective positions.
- Plans and schedules manpower, materials, product and machines to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental policies and procedures fairly and equitably to maintain standards established for safety, quality and overall company personnel satisfaction.
- Manages employee performance, providing positive and/or corrective feedback.
- Promotes department and company goodwill through pro-active employee communication and employee involvement.
- Investigates, in cooperation with other departments, areas of quality improvement, cost reduction, method improvement, yield control and equipment maintenance and provides suggestions.
- Promotes safety throughout area where crew is working.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 or more years of previous Supervisory experience.
- Poultry or food industry experience a plus.
- Previous leadership skills with 20 or more employees.
- Effective communication both orally and in writing.
- Capable of independent decision making.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Must be able to work assigned hours/days - including occasional weekends - as required.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; College Degree in related field preferred.